Healthy Chocolate Cake
Ingredients for a small cake (6 servings):
- 8 dried apricots
- 8 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cut dried apricots in small pieces. Cover with 8 tablespoons water and place 2 minutes at 900 W in the microwave. Let apricots soak, soften and cool.
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor (including soaking water from the apricots). Eventually add stevia if you find that the batter isn’t sweet enough for your taste.
- Bake 20 minutes at 220 degrees Celsius.
Today’s smoothie. Green apple, frozen grapes, celery, baby spinach, kale, broccoli, banana, chia seeds and a small amount of honey.
Hurts | Sandman
I spend these waking hours waiting for the sandman
I spend these waking hours looking for his master plan
Quinoa Protein Cookies with Rhubarb Sauce
A vegan, gluten-free dessert for a little “spring detox”.
Ingredients (for 10 small cookies):
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked in water overnight
- 3 tbsp vanilla flavored pea protein
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond milk
Instructions: Mix everything in a food processor. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the cookies and bake for 25 min at 230 degrees Celsius.
Ingredients for the pink rhubarb sauce:
- 6-8 rhubarb sticks
- one pink grapefruit
Instructions: Steam the rhubarb sticks, mix in the flesh of the grapefruit, puree using a handheld blender.
Nutrition facts on my blog: www.fitnesstreats.com/2013/04/quinoa-protein-cookies-with-rhubarb-sauce