Fat-Free Pumpkin and Raisin Biscuits
If you want to make the dough itself a little sweeter, substitute agave nectar for a couple tablespoons of the soy milk. Or, if you want sweetness without calories, try adding a little stevia or your favorite sweetener to the batter.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (canned or cooked, pureed, and drained)
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk (plus additional, as needed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425F and lightly oil a non-stick baking sheet. Mix the dry ingredients together well (flour through raisins). Add the pumpkin and mix until crumbly (do not overmix). Combine the soymilk and lemon juice and add it, stirring until a soft dough forms. If all flour is not moistened, add additional soymilk a teaspoon at at time until dough forms a ball.
- Turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface and sprinkle the top lightly with flour. Roll out about 3/4 inch thick. Using a 1 1/2-2-inch wide biscuit cutter or glass dipped in flour, press straight down without twisting to cut into 12-15 biscuits.
- Place the biscuits, sides lightly touching, on the oiled sheet. Bake until tops are lightly browned, 9-11 minutes. Serve hot.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s) | Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
(Source: , via vegpocalypsenow)
I made motivational calendar for 2012 :) If you like it just save photos, print them and use them as calendar so you can be motivated every day and enjoy your workout! :)
You can unfollow i don’t care. I never said that there is food with negative calories ( like 0 cal.) , because if you eat an apple ( 80 cal.) that is on negative calorie food list it will be easy to digest and it will help you lose weight instead of eating gummy bears or other candy with same caloric intake.
So what are Negative Calorie Foods?
If the energy burnt when eating and digesting certain foods is more than the actual calories that they contain then these types of low calorie foods can be called negative calorie foods.
A diet of mainly negative calorie foods is extremely powerful, not only because they are the best fat burning foods but also because of the excellent nutritional value (vitamins, minerals and fiber) associated with low and negative calorie foods.
Just eating low or zero calorie foods, can also do harm to your body! Our body requires all the different food groups to function at its best (dairy, vegetables, fruit, meat, grains and fats too).
Zero calorie foods should be used in addition to other foods, or as part of a cleansing or detox course.
* Anything in excess can be bad for example certain fruits have a high acid content that can irritate your stomach lining.
* Chewing food slowly and thoroughly helps digestion and also releases more of the nutritional value that are stored in the fibers
* Where possible eat the foods raw. Raw foods contain more enzymes and nutrients than their cooked counterparts.
List of low calorie foods - List of negative calorie food
Negative Calorie Vegetables: Asparagus, aubergine (eggplant), beetroot, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cantaloupes (see calories in cantaloupe), carrots, cauliflower, celeriac, celery stalk and root, chicory, Chinese cabbage (pak choi, bok choi), cucumbers, cress, dandelion leaves, eggplant, endives, fennel, garlic, globe artichokes, green beans, green cabbage, leeks, lemons, lettuce, mangetouts (snow peas), mooli (daikon or Japanese radish), mushrooms, okra (ladies‟ fingers), onions, radishes, seaweed, spinach, squash, swede, tomatoes, turnips, zucchini
Negative Calorie Fruits: Apples, apricots, bananas, blackberries, blackcurrants, blueberries, boysenberries, cherries, clementines, cranberries, damsons, figs, gooseberries, grapefruit, grapes, greengages, guavas, kiwi fruit, kumquat, loquat, lychees, mandarins, mangos, medlars, melons, mulberries, nectarines, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, persimmons, pineapple, plums, pomegranate, prickly pear, prunes, raspberries, redcurrants, satmusas, star fruit, strawberries, tangerines, white currants
Negative Calorie Nuts: Almonds, Barcelona nuts, Brazil nuts, chestnuts, coconuts, filberts, hazelnuts, macadamias, peanuts, pine nuts, pistachios, walnuts
Other list of low calorie foods: Low fat cottage cheese, light yogurt, pickles, apple cinnamon rice cakes, fresh poached fish, Muesli and porridge oats, lentils, Canadian bacon, ground turkey, egg whites.