I close my eyes as I wipe a tear.
I just keep wishing you were still here.
I will hold all the memories deep in my heart.
Through these memories will never part.
I close my eyes as I wipe a tear.
I just keep wishing this pain would disappear.
I didn’t get the chance to say my last good-bye.
I just didn’t think you could ever die.
I close my eyes as I wipe a tear.
All of your love I will always hold near.
In my heart and my mind I will never be alone.
When my time comes……
I will meet you in heaven!
WE LOVE AND MISS YOU!
© Joan C. Johnson
If you could help me out by donating (even $1 helps) then please do. If you can’t help me out by donating, please pass it on to others that might be able to.
To make secure online donations via PayPal, please click on the button below:
To make a donation via check, please send to:
The Ronan Thompson Foundation
P.O. BOX 44935
Top cancer causing foods:
Sweetened drinks: it’s been shown that people whom consume two or more servings of soda per week have an astonishing 87% higher chance of developing pancreatic cancer!
Fried foods: this includes potato related foods such as french fries, tater tots, potato chips and hash browns. This is due to acrylamide which is created during the frying process at high temperatures. Acrylamide causes tumors and has detrimental effects on the brain as well as the reproductive system.
Process meats and bacon: these products contain sodium nitrite (aka nitrate), an ingredient added by manufactures to give the meats the pink or what is considered “fresh” look to them. When digested, sodium nitrites convert in the body to something called nitrosamine, a known carcinogen. When meats are cooked at high temperatures, a cancer causing toxin equivalent to burning tobacco develops.
Doughnuts: these cute little rings of deliciousness are high in sugar and refined carbs, not to mention deep-fried! They contain hydrogenated oils which create trans fat, known to be associated with heart disease and cancer.
Snacks such as chips and cookies: these treats are full of refined sugars, trans fats and white flour. Look out!
Top cancer preventing foods:
Leafy vegetables, broccoli: Let’s start with the more obvious choice, leafy vegetables such as cabbage, kale, and most importantly, broccoli. These cute little green trees help to fight off stomach, liver, skin, lung, bladder, prostate, and breast cancers. Broccoli contains sulforaphane, an antioxidant that rids the body of cancer-causing toxins. Simply put eat broccoli as much as possible. Toss it in your salad, rice, and stir fry.
Berries: All types of berries are beneficial to your health. Black raspberries fight off skin, oral, colon, and esophageal cancers. They contain anthocyanins, antioxidants that slow the growth of premalignant cells.
Garlic; isn’t just for keeping vampires away, it helps keep cancer away too. When consuming certain red meats, nitrates are injested, forming carcinogens in the stomach. Garlic helps slow down this process and fight stomach, esophageal, breast, and colon cancers. Crush up some garlic and add to your tomato sauce for a cancer fighting double whammy!
Tomatoes; contain lycopene, which has been shown to stop cancer cell growth according to research. The sure fire way to increase lycopene is by cooking tomatoes. So whip up some of your own sauce or tomato stew and ward off lung, cancer, prostate, and endometrial cancers.
Walnuts; are great for fighting both breast and prostate cancers. Adding just an ounce of walnuts a day will help to keep the cancer away.
Beans: Navy and black beans help delay cancer growth of breast and colon cancers. Add a half a cup to your diet a week for a natural colon cleanse!
As always, stay away from animal fats, processed meat, and excessive amounts of alcohol.
TOP 10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF DRINKING TEA
1. Tea contains antioxidants. Like the Rust-Oleum paint that keeps your outdoor furniture from rusting, tea’s antioxidants protect your body from the ravages of aging and the effects of pollution.
2. Tea has less caffeine than coffee. Coffee usually has two to three times the caffeine of tea (unless you’re a fan of Morning Thunder, which combines caffeine with mate, an herb that acts like caffeine in our body). An eight-ounce cup of coffee contains around 135 mg caffeine; tea contains only 30 to 40 mg per cup. If drinking coffee gives you the jitters, causes indigestion or headaches or interferes with sleep — switch to tea.
3. Tea may reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke. Unwanted blood clots formed from cholesterol and blood platelets cause heart attack and stroke. Drinking tea may help keep your arteries smooth and clog-free, the same way a drain keeps your bathroom pipes clear. A 5.6-year study from the Netherlands found a 70 percent lower risk of fatal heart attack in people who drank at least two to three cups of black tea daily compared to non-tea drinkers.
4. Tea protects your bones. It’s not just the milk added to tea that builds strong bones. One study that compared tea drinkers with non-drinkers, found that people who drank tea for 10 or more years had the strongest bones, even after adjusting for age, body weight, exercise, smoking and other risk factors. The authors suggest that this may be the work of tea’s many beneficial phytochemicals.
5. Tea gives you a sweet smile. One look at the grimy grin of Austin Powers and you may not think drinking tea is good for your teeth, but think again. It’s the sugar added to it that’s likely to blame for England’s bad dental record. Tea itself actually contains fluoride and tannins that may keep plaque at bay. So add unsweetened tea drinking to your daily dental routine of brushing and flossing for healthier teeth and gums.
6. Tea bolsters your immune defenses. Drinking tea may help your body’s immune system fight off infection. When 21 volunteers drank either five cups of tea or coffee each day for four weeks, researchers saw higher immune system activity in the blood of the tea drinkers.
7. Tea protects against cancer. Thank the polyphenols, the antioxidants found in tea, once again for their cancer-fighting effects. While the overall research is inconclusive, there are enough studies that show the potential protective effects of drinking tea to make adding tea to your list of daily beverages.
8. Tea helps keep you hydrated. Caffeinated beverages, including tea, used to be on the list of beverages that didn’t contribute to our daily fluid needs. Since caffeine is a diuretic and makes us pee more, the thought was that caffeinated beverages couldn’t contribute to our overall fluid requirement. However, recent research has shown that the caffeine really doesn’t matter — tea and other caffeinated beverages definitely contribute to our fluid needs. The only time the caffeine becomes a problem as far as fluid is concerned is when you drink more than five or six cups of a caffeinated beverage at one time.
9. Tea is calorie-free. Tea doesn’t have any calories, unless you add sweetener or milk. Consuming even 250 fewer calories per day can result in losing one pound per week. If you’re looking for a satisfying, calorie-free beverage, tea is a top choice.
10. Tea increases your metabolism. Lots of people complain about a slow metabolic rate and their inability to lose weight. Green tea has been shown to actually increase metabolic rate so that you can burn 70 to 80 additional calories by drinking just five cups of green tea per day. Over a year’s time you could lose eight pounds just by drinking green tea. Of course, taking a 15-minute walk every day will also burn calories.
This fall fruit has higher antioxidant activity than red wine and green tea, which may be why a number of studies show it may prevent skin cancer and kill breast and prostate cancer cells. This healthy fruit also helps:
Fight Alzheimer’s disease Researchers at Loma Linda University found that mice who drank pomegranate juice experienced 50% less brain degeneration than animals that consumed only sugar water. The pomegranate drinkers also did better in mazes and tests as they aged.
Guard your arteries A group of diabetics who drank about 2 ounces of pomegranate juice a day for 3 months kept their bodies from absorbing bad cholesterol into their immune system cells (a major contributing factor to hardened arteries), discovered Israeli researchers.