1 tsp olive oil
1 package (9 ounces) pre-washed spinach
1/3 c fat-free Greek-style yogurt
1/4 c sun-dried tomato pesto (MUFA)
1 tsp vinegar
Pinch of salt
4 large eggs
2 whole grain English muffins, split and toasted
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and cook (in batches, if necessary) until wilted.
2. Combine the yogurt and pesto. Stir 1/4 c into the spinach and remove from the heat. Cover to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan containing 1” of water to a boil over high heat. Add the vinegar and salt and reduce the heat to low. Break an egg into a custard cup and gently tip the egg into the water. Repeat with the remaining 3 eggs. Cover and simmer, shaking the pan 2 or 3 times, for 3 to 5 minutes for a soft-cooked yolk or until the whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken.
4. Place an English muffin half on each of 4 warm plates. Spoon 1/4 of the spinach onto each muffin. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon, and drain over paper towels (still in the spoon), before placing on the spinach.
5. Stir 1 Tbsp of the poaching liquid into the yogurt mixture to make it smoother. Spoon evenly over each egg and grind some pepper over the top.
Nutrition Info Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): 175 cal, 12 g pro, 21 g carb, 6 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 212 mg chol, 462 mg sodium, 5 g fiber
1. Fill up on fiber
Eat at least 20 grams of fiber per day from whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. Fiber helps keep you feeling full longer—a big benefit when you’re trying to lose weight.
2. Dial up your D
Strive for three servings of calcium-rich and vitamin D–rich foods a day to strengthen bones as well as speed weight loss. These nutrients often occur together in foods, especially dairy, like lowfat milk, and yogurt.
3. Feast on fat
You read that right: Be sure to eat three to four servings daily of good fats. These include monounsaturated fatty acids and omega-3 fatty acids, found in oils, nuts, avocados, certain fish, and yes, even chocolate.
4. Pack in protein
Aim for three servings of lean protein (such as fish, white meat chicken and turkey, pork loin chops, and lean beef sirloin) per day. In addition to being an essential nutrient, protein helps to keep you feeling full longer.