Deep-Dish, Single-Lady, Salted Whole Wheat Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie (with gluten free and peanut butter cookie variations) / Recipe
Kale salad :)
Breakfast + fruit :) #breakfast #food #yummy #vegetarian
You will need:
300 g biscuits (I used organic spelt butter biscuit)
200 g vegan dark chocolate
30 g brown sugar
½ cup coconut milk
30 g coconut oil (I used Nutiva organic extra virgin coconut oil)
20 mL rum
1.Melt the chocolate with coconut oil
2.Crush the biscuits and place into a mixing bowl, add brown sugar, rum, chocolate and mix
3.Now add milk you don’t need to add whole ½ cup add as much as you think you will need to make balls
4.Place the chocolate balls on a plate, chill in the fridge for 30 mins
WE FEED THE WORLD is a film about food and globalisation, fishermen and farmers, long-distance lorry drivers and high-powered corporate executives, the flow of goods and cash flow–a film about scarcity amid plenty. With its unforgettable images, the film provides insight into the production of our food and answers the question what world hunger has to do with us .
Interviewed are not only fishermen, farmers, agronomists, biologists and the UN’s Jean Ziegler, but also the director of production at Pioneer, the world’s largest seed company, as well as Peter Brabeck, Chairman and CEO of Nestlé International, the largest food company in the world.
* I have to say I cried when chickens were killed, that was not only scary but very sad… and people wonder why I don’t eat meat, and CEO of Nestlé International all I have to say is OMG.
2 15 - 16 ounce cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
3 cups chopped roma tomatoes (1 pound tomatoes)
1 cup shredded carrots (2 medium)
1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1/2 of a medium red onion, very thinly sliced
2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
3 pita bread rounds
1. In a large bowl combine garbanzo beans, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, and red onion. In a screw-top jar combine lemon peel, lemon juice, oil, cumin, curry powder, salt, and black pepper. Cover and shake well. Pour over salad mixture; toss to combine.
2. Serve with yogurt and pita wedges
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
1 cup coarsely chopped cucumber
3/4 cup mixed spring salad greens
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons chopped green onion (1)
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 largewhole wheat pita bread rounds, halved crosswise
Large soft lettuce leaves (such as butterhead, Boston, or bibb)
1. In a medium bowl toss together tomatoes, cheese cubes, cucumber, salad greens, basil, green onion, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Line insides of pita halves with lettuce leaves. Spoon tomato mixture into pitas. If desired, wrap each pita in plastic wrap and chill for up to 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Caprese Salad Pita Pockets)
Servings Per Recipe 4, cal. (kcal) 348
Pre-run: banana, spinach, peaches, and watermelon! It was a little rich, so I blended some ice in afterwards.
What a treat! #Soulfood #SuperSalad #Lunch @EternalAbundance
#raw #vegan #livefood #bioavailable #microgreens #miso #quinoa #sesame #ginger #hempoil #avocado @e3live
HOLY SHIT. this looks so good!
This looks so delicious. I want it!
These Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits are the perfect breakfast food for your weekend detox. Learn how to make your own here.