- Know your limits. Your supply of willpower is limited so you may start each day with a renewed stock, but things will gradually deplete it.
- If you sense your glucose levels are low, reach for a low GI snack, such as a handful of blueberries or nuts.
- Pick your battles. You can’t control the stresses in your life, but you can make sure you’re not trying to diet at the same time as giving up alcohol and starting a new job.
- Don’t get stuck in a routine. To break a habit like smoking, do it on holiday when you’re far away from the people, places and events you associate with cigarettes.
- When you set a goal, have a reward for reaching it. Never underestimate how little it takes to motivate.
- Remember, what matters is the exertion not the outcome. If you struggle with temptation and then give in, your reserves of willpwoer are still depleted because you struggled.
lost 115 pounds.
Cast iron frying pan
This is the original nonstick pan. It’s a bit tricky to “season” it — in other words, to build up a natural nonstick surface by rubbing it with oil or grease and heating it. The upside: once it’s seasoned, you need only a little bit of oil to cook meat, vegetables, etc. Plus, they’re inexpensive — starting from about $12. Your grandmother probably used one all the time!
Are you really doling out a half-cup of spaghetti, or are you just eyeballing it and hoping for the best? If you’re really serious about portion control, you’ll want to measure what you’re eating with proper measuring cups, at least in the beginning until you can better judge what’s on your plate.
Whip up healthy smoothies, blend a light vegetable soup — if you have an attractive blender in your kitchen in plain view, you’ll be more tempted to use it and skip junky pops and sugary fruit blend juices.
Studies show that you’ll eat less if you eat from a smaller plate. So use those oversize dishes as chargers underneath your place setting or as servingware, and switch to smaller side or salad plates for your meals. Kitchenstuffplus.com sells this small white salad plate for $2.
Reuseable lunch containers
Sandwiches get boring fast. Use reuseable storage containers to bring your lunch to work — every day. Bring salads in them, or fresh cut-up fruit so you won’t be tempted by the vending machine. Freeze leftovers and pull them out of the freezer at a later date so you’re not eating the same thing two days in a row. Say sayonara to greasy lunches and calorie-laden snacks and hello to a healthier, slimmer you!
Think your way slim.
Pounds or Inches Lost: Lost 130 pounds and went from a size 20 down to a size 4!
Waist: 25 1/2”
Starting Weight: 254 pounds
Current Weight: 124 pounds
How long did it take you to start to see results?
I lost the weight really quickly, to be honest. I think being young had a lot to do with that factor. I’m also the type of person that when I put my mind to something there is no turning back. I was able to have major will power and turn down sweets or any other temptations. I was bound and determined to get the weight off and nothing was going to hold me back.
How long did it take for you to reach your current weight?
It took me a little over 8 months.
How long have you maintained your weight loss and how do you do it?
I have maintained my weight loss for almost 2 years now. I continue to eat clean and I continue to exercise 6 days a week doing both cardio and strength training.
How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
I am such a happier person. I have tons of energy and I am able to be the mother I am supposed to be to my baby boys. Losing the weight was not an easy process but it is the best thing I could have ever done for myself.